Volunteer and Consultants Privacy Notice
At Autism Plus we are serious about data protection. We are committed to protecting your data and storing it safely and securely
What information do we collect and why do we collect it?
We only collect information relevant to your involvement with us, this includes a range of personal data:
- Name, address, e-mail address, telephone number(s)
- Details of employment history
- Details of education history, qualifications and training
- A number of statutory obligations including:
- Information regarding criminal convictions and cautions (relevant to the type of role)
- Evidence that you have the right to volunteer/work in the UK
- Information provided by third parties such as references
- Information required in order to fulfil any agreements, such as bank details
- COVID-19 Vaccine Information – Anyone based within or requiring entry to CQC regulated homes providing accommodation together with personal care, will be required to provide evidence that a complete course of an authorised vaccine for COVID-19 has been received, are medically exempt, or are under the age of 18. (This is a legal requirement from 11th November 2021). Others volunteering or self-employed consultants with the organisation who the regulations do not currently apply to will be asked to provide details of vaccination status if you are willing to do so, but it is not a legal requirement. As our services are providing support for vulnerable people, it is in our interest to know who is fully vaccinated and will therefore be less likely to transmit the virus to vulnerable people in our services. The information is used to assess the risks of COVID-19 transmission within all departments and helps form the basis of risk assessments, safety measures and the COVID-19 crisis and response plans
- Any other information relevant to the role you undertake
This information enables us to comply with legal requirements, to pursue the legitimate interests of the company and protect our legal position in the event of legal proceedings. For example to prevent fraud, administrative purposes or reporting potential crimes.
Legislation we adhere to:
- Data Protection Act 1998
- Human Rights Act 1998
- Access to Health Records Act 1990
- Public Records Act 1958
- General Data Protection Regulations (GDPR) and The Data Protection Act 2018
How do we collect this information?
We may do this in a variety of different ways including from an application form or CV, yourself in the guise of additional internal forms, from your contact/manager, from third parties e.g ex-employers. This could be via e-mail, through the post or provided over the phone and documented.
Third Party Personal Data
We may obtain information from third parties such as recruitment agencies, ex-employers or professional referees, DWP, HMRC and other government/statutory bodies.
All Information will be stored in lockable cabinets and on a secure I.T/HR system for the period of your involvement with Autism Plus, and for 6 months after to protect our legal position in the event of legal proceedings. Some information must be retained due to legal requirements (for example personal injury information which is retained for 6 years), and to pursue the legitimate interests of the company. We take data storage and security seriously, and have relevant data policies to ensure that data is handled, stored and destroyed securely.
Why do we process personal data?
We need to process the data in order to ensure that we meet our statutory obligations in regards of criminal records, right to volunteer/work in the UK and other factors such as from a safeguarding perspective such as employment history. This also includes the ability to fulfil our contractual obligations such as payment of invoices/expenses.
We also need to in the legitimate interests of the company, such as information required by managers to assess suitability and performance of service agreements/volunteer tasks.
Who will we share data with and who will have access to my data?
Your information may be shared internally for the purposes of the legitimate interests of the company, which will include members of the HR team, managers of the service/function and IT staff if access to the data is necessary for the performance of their roles.
We will not share your data with third parties without consent, unless we have a statutory or legal obligation e.g the HMRC, Police. Whereby we rely on consent, you will have the right to withdraw that consent at any time by contacting the HR team.
As a data subject, you have a number of rights. You can:
- access and obtain a copy of your data on request;
- require the organisation to change incorrect or incomplete data;
- require the organisation to delete or stop processing your data, for example where the data is no longer necessary for the purposes of processing; and
- object to the processing of your data where Autism Plus is relying on its legitimate interests as the legal ground for processing
What if you do not provide personal data?
If you do not provide required personal data, then we may not be able to meet our contractual obligations, pursue the legitimate aims of the organisation or fulfil our legal duties, and therefore involvement with Autism Plus may then become at risk.
If you need further information or wish to make a complaint
You can request details of the information we hold on you. In order to do so, please speak to the HR department on:-
0114 384 0340
Autism Plus HR, Exchange Brewery, 2 Bridge Street, Sheffield, S3 8NS
If not satisfied, then you may wish to report to the Information Commissioner’s Office.
"There really is something special about my job, to have the privilege of making a real difference in someones life and helping that person to live their life the way they want to, it doesn't get much better than that."Our Vacancies