Specialist support for people living in their own homes with a range of disabilities including autism, learning disabilities and mental health conditions
For one person it might be a few hours of support in the morning and evening, for another it might be constant support with a sleep in team
We support people to have a good and meaningful life
We help and empower people to live their lives with control and independence with the same choices, rights and responsibilities as anyone else.
In Autism Plus Supported Living:
- You have your own tenancy or ownership
- Choose who supports you
- Choose how and when you are supported
- You choose who you live with, and where
- You can access direct payments, personal budgets and other funds for support
It's your life, we're here to help you live it the way you want to. We'll help you to achieve your goals and plan new ones! Whether its support in home life, accessing education, training and employment, engaging in activities and hobbies or developing friendships and relationships we're here to listen and support you to live your life, your way.
Looking for a place to live
We support people who are transitioning from residential living settings, and people who are looking for a new home on their own. We work with our specialist housing partners to find suitable homes and build support packages around your wishes.
How can you support me?
We'll support you to be more independent, this is different for each person. But typically, we support people to:
- Make everyday choices
- Keep in touch with family and friends
- Be as independent as possible in your own home, in things like cooking, cleaning, getting dressed
- Get out and about in your local community - shopping, cinema, eating out, bingo, swimming, visiting local attractions and events
- Understand your right as a tenant and what support is available
- Volunteer for a few hours a week
- Access local services such as the GP and dentist
- Go to college
- Go on holiday
Our Supported Living Service is available across Yorkshire, Humber and the surrounding areas.
"There really is something special about my job, to have the privilege of making a real difference in someones life and helping that person to live their life the way they want to, it doesn't get much better than that."Our Vacancies