We are committed to providing a website that is accessible to the widest possible audience and are actively working to ensure that this website is accessible and usable by people of all abilities.
If you have any problems using the site, we would really like to know. We will try and sort it out quickly and offer you any advice we can. You can contact us here.
Working with Recite Me our website offers an assistive toolbar to enable you to customise the Autism Plus website in a way that works best for you to understand and access website content easily. The accessibility toolbar provides text to speech functionality, fully customisable styling options, reading aids and a translation tool with over 100 languages, including 35 text to speech voices and many other features. You can access the toolbar by clicking on the Accessiblity logo situated in the header and footer of each page. You can view the Recite Me user guide here.
Although there are changes you can make to your devices, we strive to uphold an AA standard of the World Wide Web Consortium's Web Accessibility Initiative. Here's a few things we have done to make sure our website is accessible for all.
- Consistent layout with clear headings
- Customised styling options
- Text to speech functionality
- Reading aids
- Colour, ruler and screen mask
- Plain text mode, margins and audio download
- A site map to assist with easily finding pages
- Keyboard accessible navigation
- Clear and simple language, we try not to use any jargon!
- Easy to read font size (and the option to change this at the bottom of each page)
- Large buttons, easily identifiable links and form fields
- Translation tool
To learn more about the standards we uphold please click here.
The BBC have made a series of accessibility guides, to help you change your computer and browser settings to make websites more accessible. They have split these guides into these helpful sections:
- I can't see very well
- I am blind
- I can't hear very well
- I find words difficult
- I find a keyboard or mouse difficult to use
These guides will help you to use your keyboard instead of the mouse, make your computer speak aloud, and make the text bigger. An overview of all the guides can be found here.
Easy Read Documents
If you require any of the information available on our site in an easy read format, please get in touch.