We use our experience to create effective and personalised packages of care and support alongside family members, carers and commissioners
For individuals with complex needs and forensic backgrounds, we deliver intensive, therapeutic support packages. Our approach provides safe, supportive environments coupled with the freedom to make choices, unlock potential, embrace positive risks, and make progress.
Specialised support encompasses rehabilitation and a blend of expert risk assessment and therapeutic interventions. Each individual benefits from the consistent support of a small team, fostering the development of positive, trusting relationships.
Practical and proactive
The Autism Plus Diverse and Complex Needs Service can:
- Support individuals transitioning from hospital settings back into the community
- Assist those whose behaviors may pose challenges
- Develop specialised care plans focused on Positive Behaviour Support (PBS)
- Create rehabilitation plans
- Address psychological needs
- Provide dedicated, expert support teams, including a Clinical Lead, Speech and Language Therapist, Occupational Health professionals, PBS specialists, and Transitions experts.
Since 2017, we have implemented support and housing solutions under the Transforming Care Programme across East Riding and the Humber.
Our in-house Transforming Care Team focuses on:
- Placing the individual at the center of their care
- Promoting choice and control
- Creating responsive care plans centered on Positive Support (PBS)
- Developing rehabilitation plans
- Delivering experienced, specialist support through our in-house teams.
We offer specialised, intensive, and therapeutic support alongside our in-house specialists.
As an affiliate organisation of Sherwood Training, we are licensed to deliver Physical Intervention, RRN approved training.
All care staff undergo a mandatory six-week induction program and complete the Care Certificate, including specialised training in Physical Interventions, Autism, Positive Behaviour Support (PBS), Safeguarding, Sensory Integration, Mental Health, REACH, Communication, and Grooming Awareness.
Our person-centered approach to managing challenging behaviors, known as PBS (Positive Behaviour Support), underpins our methodology.
Specialist in-house support
Our dedicated Clinical Lead, Occupational Therapist, Positive Behaviour Support team, Transitions team, and access to a Speech and Language Therapist offer ongoing support.
Our in-house teams devise personalised transition plans, including rehabilitation and a combination of specialist risk assessments and therapeutic interventions.
Our staff team, recruited based on ethics, values, and passion to help others, brings both practitioner and expert-level experience in working with adults and young people with autism, learning disabilities, mental health conditions, and complex needs.Make an Enquiry about our Diverse and Complex Needs service