We use our experience to create effective and personalised packages of care and support alongside family members, carers and commissioners
For people with complex needs and forensic backgrounds we provide intensive, therapeutic packages of support. We offer safe, supportive environments combined with the freedom to make choices, realise potential, take positive risks and progress.
This specialist support includes rehabilitation and a combination of specialist risk assessment and therapeutic interventions. Each person is supported by a small, consistent team to support the development of positive, trusting relationships.
Practical and proactive
The Autism Plus Diverse and Complex Needs Service can:
- Support people moving from hospital settings back into the community
- Support people whose behaviours can challenge
- Provide a specialised care plan focused on Positive Behaviour Support (PBS)
- Create a rehabilitation plan
- Support with Psychological needs
- Provide experienced, specialist support teams including a dedicated Clinical Lead, Speech and Language Therapist, Occupational Health, PBS and Transitions.
We have delivered support and housing solutions on the Transforming Care Programme across East Riding and the Humber since 2017.
We have a dedicated in-house Transforming Care Team to provide specialised, intensive, therapeutic support for people moving out of hospital settings and back into the community, near their families and friends.
The Autism Plus Transforming Care Team:
- Place the individual moving from hospital settings at the centre of their care
- Promote choice and control
- Provide a specialised, responsive care plan focused on Positive Support (PBS)
- Create a rehabilitation plan
- Provide experienced, specialist support from our in-house teams.
We provide specialist, intensive and therapeutic support alongside our in-house specialists.
We are an affiliate organisation of Sherwood Training, licensed to deliver Physical Intervention, RRN approved training.
All care staff undergo a mandatory six week induction programme and must complete the Care Certificate along with specialist training in Physical Interventions, Autism, Positive Behaviour Support (PBS), Safeguarding, Sensory Integration, Mental Health, REACH, Communication, Grooming Awareness.
We use a person-centred approach to managing behaviours that can challenge - PBS (Positive Behaviour Support)
Specialist in-house support
We have a dedicated Clinical Lead, Occupational Therapist, Positive Behaviour Support team, a Transitions team and access to a Speech and Language Therapist who offer on-going support.
Our in-house teams create personalised transition plans for each individual, including rehabilitation and a combination of specialist risk assessments and therapeutic interventions.
Our staff team are recruited based on their ethics, values and passion to help others. They are skilled and experienced both at practitioner and expert level, of working with adults and young people with autism, learning disabilities, mental health conditions and complex needs.